Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Resolutions 2008

Andik reminded me, "New Year just a week passed. Hope we start it well."

Til he said so, I hadn't remember that I should have.

When I attended the midnight service on the new year's eve, I made some wishes, some of which were "too personal" to publish (sorry...), and yet, I want to post some so I'd never forget to work on. It's day 15 now,but I think it is not too late to remind ourselves of what we've wished for the whole year. Like everyone else has done. Resolutions, the more common term.

A Scholarship

Back to college has always been my dream that hasnt come true. I don't really take a degree so important, what's more important to me is "studying something". I'd like to learn something new, explore a new place, new culture.... Europe is still my dream, or maybe The States, but I don’t think I really want down under.

Another Career

A bored person? I am. I'll never give up til I get my dream career (which I don't know which one). I still want to work for others, like feeding the children, working for the poors, working without making any profit. Selling, marketing, promotions... these things are getting boring.

And I still want to be a writer! One thing that I'll never forget. I want to write for National Geographic, visiting Egypt and seek if there are undiscovered remains of Queen Nefertiti's. Or exploring Peru, digging Peruvian ancient civilization, and later climbing up villages in Nepal. So...I think if there's one perfect combination for these dreams it should be working as a researcher for UNICEF collaborating with National Geographic, doing a research about Nepalese children, writing the research, and publish it on National Geographic Magazine. Or vice versa. Writing for National Geographic, involved in the Machu Picchu project supported by The UNESCO. Aha! ;)

Dreams... dreams. I am a dreamer, but I'll never stop making my dreams come true.

Publishing My Book

Been writing...two blogs, a thesis, a couple of unfinished novels, a dozen of 8 pages short stories...Sent any to publishers? One. To magazines? Some. Published? None (except the ones with BITE Magazine, no wonder laa...).

My fantasy novel, basic idea written when I was in high school, a well-known Indonesian publishing company might categorize as "teen literature", returned it after I rewrote it for months.

I'm not giving up! I'll never give up until I publish one book. And I want this year to be my initial year of my writing career. I'm writing another novel, and I hope I can publish it this year.

A Holiday

I need a holiday! Bali is a good choice to have a relax time, escaping from daily routines, no phonecalls, no fax, no e-mails, no orders. Reminiscing the days I spent with the foodcourt club - Clara, Fei, Andik, Ewy, Mas Yudi, Yu Lie, Shige, Kohei, and Haru, sometimes Farid and Benny - hope I can make it this year!

Oh, and Aceh! I want to see this place. I want to visit Mba Penny and see how she deals with the social life, the working culture, and the locals. Might not be something really important, but I'd like to do it, just to know how life is in this controversial region.

TOEFL and IELTS Scores

I must renew them. I must. It's been...3 years? No university will accept expired TOEFL or IELTS scores. So I'll take them.

Relationships

Want to have better relationships with everyone. I want nothing ruins my relationships with my friends, best friends, co-workers, networks, family (mum, cousins, aunties, uncles), neighbours, and want to mend any broken relationship in the past (like with...ex?! No).

Romantic relationship? Hehe. I guess everybody's wishing for it. But...if I have to talk about it, it could be one single blog title. So, it's better to save it for the next feature. But honestly, I only wished for the good things in relationship I'm in.

There must be some other things - if I search deep inside - been my wishes, but I guess those things are part of my daily wishes (to come to the office safe and sound, come home safe and sound, not eating too much, got enough time to breathe, things like these). Those are my new year's wishes, and I post these wishes on my blog to remind me that I should not stop running for them.

Some wishes need resolution to make them true. Some beyond human power. But I'm reading Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, the book speaks about the power of dream, the power of thinking positively. The universe never hears the negative atributes, like 'not', 'do not', 'never', etc. The universe hears only the positive words. So I guess if we tell the universe everything we wish for, by telling our hearts saying no negative word, the universe will work for us, to make our dreams come true. We still got 351 days!

Happy New Year 2008!



1 comment:

DESITA said...

injih mbakyu, i know u wouldnt be interested in leaving for down under. i know i know. hebat blog e cara enggres....